MEL (Mannosylerthritol liquid)
A biosulfactant, one of glycolipids, produced from plant oil by yeast (Pseudozyma sp.)
An eco-friendly and human-suitable material
Properties of MEL(SY16)
1. CMC value was measured with purified biosurfactant
2. Emulsification activity was measured against hydrocarbons with crude biosurfactant at a concentration of 0.1g/l
3. Stabilities were determined by measuring the surface tension of biosurfactant solution
4. Salt resistance were determined by measuring emulsification activity
5. Toxicity was determined as the concentration to inhibit the 50% of mouse fibroblast cell L929
Biotopia is a leading bio-enterprise that emphasizes research and development of bio-products to be used in functional food and cosmetics, all-natural new medicine, and feed additives.
Based on the company's internationally acclaimed fermentation technology, Biotopia holds a number of patents and produces only the highest-quality products.