6 NeoTech Korea
Country South Korea
Supplier Grade level4
N2 Blanketing System(NK-NB2L)
PressureVacuum Relief Valve with Flame Arrester(NK-BVF60)
PressureVacuum Relief Valve with Flame Arrester(NK-BVF70)
Rotary Jet Mixer(NK-SA08)
Rotary Jet Mixer(NK-SA08)
1. EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION
The principle of this equipment is to prevent the accumulation of sludge on the bottom of the crude oil
storage tank using high discharging oil circulating pump, NEOTECHKOREA's rotary jet mixer. The high discharge
pressure of jet mixer breaks the sludge into small pieces after which the sludge is decomposed and
dissolved in the crude oil while the sludge floats up.
1.2 Characteristics of crude oil storage tank and sludge
Oil storage tank
The asphalt, tar, wax, etc. in the crude oil deposit on the bottom of the tank while the oil is stored in
the tank and these deposits become high viscosity sludge. It is hard to remove the sludge except
mechanical crushing or chemical dissolving methods. Due to the oil washing system, all sediments
such as rust, scale, mud, sand, etc. in the cargo oil tank flow into the storage tank. As the sludge
accumulates, many problems occur such as oil loss and reduced storage capacity of tank.
The sludge contains 80-90% of oil and wax which are useful to recycle. Depending on the place of the
oil production, oil contains inorganic substances such as sand, mud, iron; sludge containing oil, water,
emulsion; organic substances such as oil, wax and asphalt. If these compositions of sludge sediment
on the bottom of oil tank, the following problems will occur.
- Reduction of tank storage capacity.
- Corrosion of tank bottom due to the water in the sludge.
- Incorrect gauging of tank.
- Increased cost for maintenance, repair and cleaning.
- Potential risk in case of floating roof.
- Disposition of sludge when inspecting open tank.
1.3 Merits of installation of jet-mixer (NK-JETMIXER)
The following effects are anticipated if the problems due to sludge accumulation in 1.2 are solved.
① Economical effects
- Efficient control of tank storage capacity.
- Reduction of maintenance cost and time.
② Merits of installation
- Correct measurement of oil storage quantity.
- Excellent oil drainage during oil discharge.
- Stable lowering of floating roof.
- Unnecessary oil pre-treatment process.
- Cost reduction compared with motor driving propeller.
- Good for operation of heat exchanger and desalination machine.
- No oil leakage as it is installed in the tank.
- Easy to analyze the cause of problems when problems occur in the equipment.
- Simple structure and excellent durability.
- Low noise and possible to operate in the evening.
- No risk of fire or explosion by electricity as it is immersed in the oil.
1.4 Key parameter
- The following specifications apply to the Machine:
- Nozzle Selection
These range from 55mm(2.17˝) to 115mm(4.53˝).Nozzle size selection is based on required jet range,
available pressure and flow rate for JET-MIXER Machine service.
- Impeller Selection
The speed of rotation can be varied by the flow rate through the Machine and also by a variety of
factory fitted impellers. The speed range being 1.78 – 5.18 deg. Min.