2 SUNCOM Co., Ltd
Country South Korea
Supplier Grade level3
[SUNCOM] ShipDIS for Vessel
[SUNCOM] - ShipCLOUD for Vessel
[SUNCOM] ShipROUTER for Vessel
- ShipROUTER provides seamless communication of vessels.
- In the vessel environment with multiple communication (VSAT, FB, 3G, LTE, Wi-Fi) available, ShipROUTER automatically selects the most appropriate communication method depending on ship location and the signal intensity.
- Before using high-cost satellite communication(VSAT, FB), shipROUTER automatically changes its communication method to low-cost communication(3G, LTE, and Wi-Fi) without user intervention, so vessel can reduce communication cost.
- If a failure of a particular communication is reported in a particular area, it can be set as the failure zone. When navigating an area that is set as the failure zone, ShipROUTER supports seamless communication using secondary communication, not primary communication.
SUNCOM was established in Busan KOREA, the maritime capital of Korea, for shipbuilding & maritime IT business, and now owns a lot of source technologies and related patents such as vessel monitoring using satellite communication and 4S communication data processing technology.
With such technologies, SUNCOM is powerful shipbuilding & maritime IT Venture Company which continuously tries to establish maritime safety and improvement of crew IT welfare with young and challenging sprits.
2. Major business
1) Satellite Communication Solution
E-mail & data transmission system optimized for maritime satellite communication
E-mail system for ships - ShipOffice v4.0
Ship anti virus vaccine live update service
Ship M2M(machine to machine) solution
Ship electronics manual solution
2) Network Solution
Intelligent server system optimized for ships, based on cloud computing technology
ShipCloud server system
Ship Power Line(PLC) communication solution
Data line and telephone line communication solution
Build Fleet Broadband(FB), GPS, M2M satellite communication terminals
3) Location-based Solution
Location-tracking system based on geofencing algorithm
4S(ship to ship, ship to shore) router equipment
Fishery e-reporting system & sending/picking up distress calls
Maritime safety management system
Vessel monitoring system based on ECDIS
4) Vessel IT Maintenance
24H/7D global ships IT technical support
Management IT resources on ships and failure history
5) Research and Development
Proceed government public project and develope core technologies
Develop maritime IT core technologies